Commission An Original Painting

Custom original pieces of fine art that celebrate the things you love. I specialize in 'Movie Art' but can create many things. Portraits, fantasy art, super heroes, nudes, wildlife and westerns.

Paintings are created in acrylic paint and colored pencil on hardboard.
  • 5" x 7" small painting $150 + shipping
  • 8" x 10" small painting $225 + shipping
  • 11" x 14" large painting $350 + shipping (for other sizes please email me for a custom quote)

Email me with the details of your project and let's get started on your custom original painting - JeffLaffertyIllustration@gmail.com

When I start a new painting commission, I usually deliver a 'rough sketch' like the one below. This gives the client a good idea of what the finished piece will look like.

Some clients choose to buy these 'roughs' after the painting is completed. The roughs are not included in the price of the final painting, but I always offer these drawings to the original client first, before putting them up for sale.



I paint on 1/8th" thick hardboard, cut to 11" x 14" inches. I start with a detailed graphite drawing straight on the board.



This piece required a lot of raised texture for the moon. Here I'm using gesso cut with plaster to get the look I want.



I paint with acrylic paints and color pencils. I use the finest materials to create the best art I can. These pieces are made to last.



As I paint, I stay in contact with the clients. Sending progress photos and featuring the work on my blog and live artcasts. Being able to literally see the work created before your eyes adds to the understanding of the art. In the end you'll know the effort it took to create a piece, so you'll know what it's worth.



The final painting, finished and signed and ready to be shipped to an enthusiastic customer.