PROGRESS!

Lando Calrissian Original Art © 2012 Jeff Lafferty
Lando Calrissian Original Art © 2012 Jeff Lafferty

The latest on the Lando commission is that the pencil study is finished, yes!

... and now I’m starting with the color.

Because of the time restraint on this piece, I was really tempted to skip drawing in the whites. I went ahead did it anyway, and now I’m glad I did.

Figuring out all that swirling yellow/gold smoke over a ‘deep blue’ background, is going to save me a lot of headache once I’m painting.

It’ll give me a good road map for the color and will help keep the yellows and the blues separate and bright.

I wanted to give a quick thanks to everyone who tried to make my Kickstarter successful. I appreciate all the pledges and effort people put forth on my behalf.

Ultimately it just wasn’t meant to be and my project didn’t get funded.

Lost Sketch Card © 2012 Jeff Lafferty
- The 'Lost' Quintuple Sketch Card is now available -
Buy a limited edition print - $14.99

Jeff
read the previous update ...

3 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

Spectacular illustration work, Jeff!

Manu said...

Beautiful card, Jeff. Don't get discouraged from your Kickstarter experiment, you'll find something else, and your project will find its public, life is long :)

Jeff Lafferty said...

Thank you Shelley.

Thanks Manu, I'm far from discouraged though ... just the opposite, I'm optimistic and even more determined!

Jeff