BACK ON THE HORSE

Well I was going to tell you all about the Han Solo painted card being up on EBay, but it actually sold before I could even write this post.

That’s defiantly the quickest I’ve ever seen one of my cards sell, it lasted a mere 9 minutes and 6 seconds. A big thank you goes out to the buyer, Pamela!

Han Solo Sketch Card by Jeff LaffertyLately I’ve really fell off the horse as far as my blogging is concerned, but I’ve been super busy and there’s only so many hours in the day.

Earlier this month Tanya, Tristan and I, took a short vacation and went to visit one of Tanya’s sisters in Utah.

It was a lot of fun, Trina and her kids, Kelsey and Kyle, were awesome. They put us up in style in their spare bedroom, kept us happy and fed, and overloaded Tristan with lots of love and more toys than I think he’s ever seen before.

Tristan in toy heaven
TrinaHere’s Tanya's sister, Trina (whoops, a little camera shake)

Kelsey, Tristan, Trina and the rabbitTristan and Kelsey are actually petting a rabbit here (he’s just extremely fluffy)

Kelsey and a flying Tristan
Kelsey’s giving Tristan the superman treatment.

Tristan and Trina
Tristan and Trina
Tristan and Trina hanging out

Kelsey, Tanya and Tristan in front of a big rock
Here's Kelsey, Tanya and Twist checking out some big rocks

Tanya, Tristan and a frog
Trina showing little Twist a frog

Kyle

Here’s Kyle.

Bat

Here’s a picture of a bat ... no really, it’s in there, just look real hard

Bug

and some weird bug that lives in Saint George. Trina kept pointing out all these little critters, so I felt obliged take their picture ... you know, just to be polite :)

Anyway … thanks for being so gracious guys, we had a lot of fun.

Twist in the car

The drive back to Boulder from Saint George was long, about twelve hours, but Tristan handled it like a champ. We saw lots of desert and lots of rocks, bigger rocks and even bigger rocks.

Twist in the car

When we left to come home Trina suggested we stop and see Zion Nation Park. I’m sure it’s pretty, but I think, us three, had all seen enough 'big rocks' for one trip, so we just came straight home.

Our journey through the desert was a far cry from what we woke up to this morning. Here we are back in the Colorado snow, looks like winter has finally arrived.

Mom, Dad & Twist, and Colorado snow

Take care everyone and I’ll see you next time
Jeff
read the previous update ...

9 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

Great photos! Tristin is so cute! All of you are.

Manu said...

Great report, Jeff ! I'm glad to read you all had a good time ! :) )

Looking at the coming back home part, I'm saying to myself you must not forget to full the gasoline tank before leaving, if you don't want to have your trip transformed into a Man Versus Wild episode ! lol.... :) ) ) ) ) )

Beautiful rocks indeed ! :)

By the way, are there any snakes in Colorado ? 8 /

Unknown said...

The Han Solo card turned out great! I had a suspicion Pamela would snatch it up! Great photos, thanks for sharing your beautiful family with us!

Jeff said...

Thanks for the update, Jeff. Keep up the good work!

Jeff Lafferty said...

Thanks Shelley

Thanks Manu, LOL I defiantly kept a close eye on the gas guage while we were out there … and yes we have snakes in Colorado. Rattle snakes, king snakes, garter snakes, bull snakes and probably quite a few more that slip my mind at the moment.

Thanks Brandon, I’m glad she did, since we can defiantly use the money right now.

Thanks for the comment Jeff

Jeff Lafferty

Anonymous said...

Congratz with the quick sale! The card looks very cool! It's a great motive! Nice pics! ;)

Jeff Lafferty said...

Thank you Isis
Jeff

JON said...

Cool trip, great pics, cute kid!

Jeff Lafferty said...

Thanks Jon
Jeff