Its been a busy week, I’m painting full time again. I’m starting to fall back into the routine of things and it feels good. Painting isn’t an easy way to make a living, but its given me back a certain degree of freedom to pursue what I want, and if you’ve been reading the blog for any length of time, then you know what that is ... the movie!
Yup, its probably impossible, probably crazy and a big waste of time ... but I’m not ready to give up on all my hopes and dreams just yet, so lets get on with the update and I’ll tell you how its going.
The armature has legs (at least thighs) these little joints were tougher to figure out than the others. One side is stable and can’t move, its for things like knees and elbows.
After some experimentation I settled on using a 1” piece of aluminum that I cut and mill into shape using an angle grinder. I drill two holes to attach the ball and socket set up, and tap a hole in the end that accepts the 8/32’ threaded rod that I’m using for the bones.
My goal for this week is to take this new armature all the way to completion. Hopefully I‘ll do it, the feet still have me a bit stumped, but I’ve got a few ideas.
I’ve also been busy working on the SFX for the first shot. Specifically, cutting in the tiny little flames on the ends of the candles. I’m using an editing program called Sony Vegas to composite in the live footage of burning candle light. So far, I’m pretty happy with the results, even though its been a real cluster fuck of moving mats, and key frames.
I also wanted to thank everyone again for all the kind words and congratulations that Tanya and I have received about the baby. We’re very happy about the ‘coming’ new addition to the family, so thanks everybody.
See you next time
See you next time