STOP MOTION PROGRESS


Ever wonder what redneck kids do for fun in the summer? Well here you go.

Why am I posting this? Cause the first kid taking a header into the ditch is actually my nephew, Blain Lafferty. He put this video together with his friends and I thought it was pretty funny so I thought I would share it.

I also wanted to let everyone know, Blain has come on board with the film. He's taking over building the armatures, and his are looking as good if not better than mine. The kids a little camera shy though, (at least when he's not crashing his bike into an irrigation ditch) every time I tried to get a shot of him working on one, he would duck and dodge the camera. That's him there with his back to me.

So now we are five, myself and my wife, we're doing a little bit of everything. My brother Tim Carnegie, he's helping out with the sets. Sean Tiffany - Link is doing the music and now Blain is on the armatures (for now, who knows what else he'll be doing later)

Yup, I feel like something is starting to roll down the tracks!

See you next time

12 comments:

M-Flem-Jr said...

Sweet Jeff, That's great man! Fantastic news. I'm glad things are going so well. Blain looks like a great addition, It's really cool you have so many talented people helping out. Keep it coming!

Anonymous said...

LOL, they look like their having fun
Deanna

Jeff Lafferty said...

The more the merrier, Mike. Next I’ll have to get you up here to do something.

Thanks Deanna, glad to see your still hanging around.
Jeff

JON said...

Whoa, those guys knows how to party!
Sounds like things are really starting to build momentum. Go man, go!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you can count on me lurking :)
Deanna

Jeff Lafferty said...

Thanks Jon, and Deanna, you guys rock!
Jeff

Eduardo said...

Jeff and Blain I am very impressed with your armature work, can you tell me what material you are using to make such wonderful armatures?

Cheers

Jeff Lafferty said...

We are using mainly brass. The pelvis and support between the shoulders, the balls, and the joints are all brass. The threaded rods are steel, and the joints that only bend in one place (like the elbows and knees) have a piece of aluminum holding them straight. The screws are all machine screws that will accept an hex key.

Hope that answered you question and thanks
Jeff

jriggity said...

Ha!!

m so glad kids still go outside in some parts of the world..ha!

man...me and my brother used to do all that same stuff....thats just plain FUN!! HA!!

as for the armature..awesome man.

really exciting stuff happening.

jriggity

Jeff Lafferty said...

Thanks Justin
Jeff

Jeff Lafferty said...

Just a little update ... the last couple of weeks I've been fighting with a nasty virus on my computer, and unfortunantly just when I finally squashed the little fucker, the cord on the back of my laptop came apart again.

Eventually I'd like to start blogging reguarly, but for now I've got my hands full with the real world work, and shooting the movie in my (very limited) free time.

Take care everyone, and I'll talk to you again soon.
Jeff

Anonymous said...

Lots of good reading here, thank you! I had been researching on yahoo when I identified your post, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to additional from you.