The eyes are done, and while I was at it, I went ahead and made a second pair for the next puppet. These ones I did a little different from the last set.

The eyes for the previous puppet were dipped in hot glue to give them a translucency. It sort of worked, but I wanted to try something different this time.

The new ones are basically cooked sculpey, painted white, with blue and brown iris's. I put in black plastic tubes that double for the pupils, that way I can move them around with a pin or thin piece of wire once they're in the head. I finished then up with three or four heavy coats of Krylon Crystal Clear gloss. I'm pretty happy with the results.

Didn't quite get the new face in plaster yet, but I did add some lips and fixed up the chin. I also added some wide flat pieces to the neck, so I'll have plenty of extra skin to wrap around and glue down once its attached to the skull.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and get the face mold done, and then I wanted to do a walk test with the new armature before I get him covered in foam.

See you next time
Read the previous update


M-Flem-Jr said...

Like the new eyes man! I can tell you put a lot of work into them. The face is looking great too! Can't wait to see the walking test!

Jeff Lafferty said...

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks mike