A NEW PERSPECTIVE

Return to homepage
Sunrise through front windshield

I’ve been going to work early all this week, and the sunrises have been incredible as I drive out of Boulder.

The other day I reading through some of my earlier blog posts and I was surprised, I actually found what I had wrote quite interesting. I’m not sure what I was expecting, but reading over my thoughts from more than a year ago gave me a different perspective on my blog. I was able to look at it with fresh eyes, like an outsider reading someone else’s diary.

I’ll admit I originally started this blog simply as a tool to make money. Selling cards was the point and it was the only reason I maintained it. I’m just not the type of person that feels the need to tell a bunch of random strangers all the intimates details of my life.

That being said, I realized something today. No matter what my original intentions were in writing the blog, once its out there and other people begin to read it, begin to care about it … it becomes something else entirely.

As I looked through post after post, further and further into the future, and my updates began to drop off, I started to became very disappointed in myself. I found myself caring about what ‘I’ was doing and wanting to know what would come next, but ‘I’ (the writer part of this scenario) just wasn’t holding up his part of the bargain.

… I think I might need to change that
.

See you next time
Jeff
Read the previous update

3 comments:

Sean Tiffany said...

Time to write about and show some pictures of that second house you're building in the back yard!

Jeff said...

Great to hear, Jeff. I know I was excited when I found the blog because it gave me a chance to catch up. Let's chat some time soon!

Jeff Lafferty said...

Thanks Sean, will do. Yeah, I'll definantly email you Jeff, Thanks for the comment.
Jeff