JOE KUBERT RIP - Mon. August 13th, 2012

Ryan Gosling, Carey Mulligan, Drive Sketch Card © 2012 Jeff Lafferty

Joe Kubert's Tarzan

Joe Kubert's Tarzan

Joe Kubert's Tarzan

Joe Kubert's Tarzan

Joe Kubert's Tarzan

A little more progress on the Drive Commission.

I came across some sad news this morning, Joe Kubert passed away, he was 85 years old.

He was a huge influence on my work, especially early on.

I pulled out some of the Tarzan treasury editions that I still have. They’re beat up and old, but I remember when I was really little, like seven or eight … laying on my grandmothers living room floor and drawing pictures from these books.

Joe Kubert, whether he new it or not, was a giant to me. He as one of the main guys that set me on a this path of being an artist … and for that I owe him a huge debt of gratitude.

Thank you Joe Kubert

Jeff