ARTCAST #41 - Syd Mead & Ralph McQuarrie

Thursday, July 17th, 2014

Hi everyone ... In today's artcast I finish the Speeder Bike Painting. I talk about two early movie art influences, Syd Mead and Ralph McQuarrie. Although they weren't huge art idols  to me, their work defiantly inspired me to try out film making and special effects at a young age.

... I also rant about digital art a bit, too much probably, I'll have to censor myself in the future :)

I also wanted to thank the awesome Travis Cakos for commissioning me to do this Speeder Bike piece. It was a lot of fun!

Check out Travis's art on his FB page, he's a great artist in his own right - https://www.facebook.com/travis.cakos



Download This Video - Episode #41


Thanks, see you tomorrow
-Jeff

2 comments:

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Great motion with that blurred background.

Jeff Lafferty said...

Thanks Kim!