FABRIC TEST

Return to homepage

The night before we had to rush to the hospital I shot a super quick animation test.

I wanted to see how the padding and fabric would react while I was animating. I was concerned that the foam around the torso would create too much bounce and unintentional movement in the clothing.

I'm expecting to get a little bit of jiggle and herky-jerky, but by the same token I don’t want everything to look like it was shot in a wind tunnel during a hurricane.

I wasn’t thinking much about the over all movement and timing of the puppet and I bumped the camera a couple of times, but just looking at the way the shirt moves, I think it works. Over all I’m pretty happy with it and it fit’s in with the look of what I’m trying to create.

See you next time
Jeff
Read the previous update

5 comments:

Vincent Tétreault said...

Your puppet is really.. really impressive. I love the look of it. The hair is specially spectacular.

I can't wait to see more animation with it.

Sean Tiffany said...

That looks absolutely GREAT! I love how fluid and natural the motions look. Put in a soundtrack of music, sounds and voices, and the whole thing will be totally believable!

Shelley Noble said...

Wonderful!! I love love love the way this looks too! There's nothing better to me than a handmade stop motion film...that looks like it was handmade!! [I'm looking at you Coraline--you blew it!]

Ludo Weyden said...

Whoha! Jeff it is getting better and better every time. Very nice work!

Jeff Lafferty said...

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!!!
Jeff