COMMISSIONS STILL OPEN & GODZILLA! - Tues. January 8th, 2013

Painting a door

Godzilla, concept art by Jeff Lafferty

Didn't get a ton accomplished today. I kind of found myself in a limbo, waiting for the design approval on the Nightmare Before Christmas cards.

I spent most of the morning priming and painting a door, that I promised a “real job” client I'd do from earlier this year. Figured I shouldn't waste the good whether, especially since its been sitting in my shed for almost three months … (well its been cold, and the holidays tend to get in the way)

I put together this sketch this evening, its for a Godzilla double card. Just to kind of warm up and get the character in my head. I want to watch a couple of the movies, before I figure out what I’m going to do for sure.

The guy commissioning this one, took me up on my offer from yesterday - Link ... thanks a lot Dan!

I also wanted to thank the other couple of people that re-tweeted and facebook'ed my blog post around  to help me spread the word. You guys are awesome!!!

In case you don’t know what I’m talking about, I’m trying to get together some money by the tenth of this month to pay the mortgage. So if you want a commission, and can pay me before the tenth, I’ll throw in the pencil study for free along with your piece - Sketch Card Prices

Thanks for all the help guys!
Jeff

No comments: