STAR WARS & DRACULA - Fri. January 4th, 2013

Jeff Lafferty, sketch cards and prints

Han Solo and Chewbacca, original art by Jeff Lafferty

Han Solo and Chewbacca, original art by Jeff Lafferty
Progress continues on the Han Solo / Chewbacca Sketch Card.

These two were my favorite characters when I originally saw Star Wars … long, long ago.

Luke was just too whiny for me … though his light-saber was the ‘best ever!’

One of the reasons I thought Han Solo was better, is that his partner was a monster. All my favorite movies up until seeing Star Wars were things like King Kong, Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, all monster flicks. So here’s a guy whose best friend is Bigfoot … freaking awesome!

... What were my parents were thinking letting me watch all those monster movies?

I remember they would always be on during the day, on weekends. I think they where on channel two, and it was called the Saturday Matinee Movie.

I totally remember watching Dracula from behind the couch. I was probably about eight or nine years old, and I couldn't ‘not’ watch it … but I was just too scared to sit in front of the T.V.

Its funny, it was broad daylight and my Dad was right there, he was watching with me, but Dracula just terrified me.

Jeff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

incredible work jeff

deanna

Jeff Lafferty said...

Thank you Deanna,

Nice to see your still checking in, every once in a while.