STAR WARS & LOTS OF PRINTS - Thurs. January 3rd, 2013

Jeff Lafferty, sketch cards and prints

Han Solo and Chewbacca, original art by Jeff Lafferty
I got some color shot on the new Star Wars piece, I think its looking pretty good so far.

The last few days I haven’t been able to get a whole lot of work done . Unfortunately we’ve had an outbreak of the flu at our house. I’m ok, but Tanya and Tristan have been out of commission for a while.

For the last week or so, I’ve been staying up late filling print orders every night. They’ve been coming in steady ever since I started selling on eBay again … I’m thankful for the extra grocery money, since I’m unemployed for the next few months.

It surprises me how quickly all this picks back up. In the space of just two weeks, prints have been selling, a couple originals have went and now commissions are coming in.

A lot of the sales are new people, but I’m surprised how many are returning customers from a few years ago. Like they’ve just been waiting for me to start painting full steam again.

It’s kind of humbling, to see how a lot of these people care about what I do. They seem to really connect with the art, and want to help me make more … Its cool thing.

Thanks everyone
Jeff