NEW CONAN PIECE IN THE WORKS!

Monday, November 18th, 2013

Guess I just blogged yesterday … but I was feeling inspired, so here’s another one.

I started this piece tonight. It’s another scene from the great Conan short story, Thing In The Crypt



It all started with a sketch I did in my notebook during lunch, while I was at work.



When I got home I fleshed it out a bit on paper with color pencil and acrylic washes.




Usually I’d take this sketch a bit further, but this time I was feeling impatient and a little tired, so I wanted to get as much on the board as I could before 2:00 a.m., when I usually go to bed.



Don’t forget about the ‘Sword Maiden’ original on eBay - Link, it ends Nov. 24th ... have a look if your interested.

Thanks for checking in with my ramblings.
- Jeff

9 comments:

Brian Plaza said...

You are on a creative rampage man! So cool to see the finished pieces and the work in progress. Can't wait to see the progression in future updates. Wish I could get on a productive creative streak here soon...having a bit of a dry spell recently. Great stuff though man, keep it up!

David P. Geister said...

I like where this is going - keep it up!!!

Challenger2008 said...

Jeff, I may have to buy this one, too!

Did you complete your other Conan piece?

Jeff Lafferty said...

Brian Plaza ... Thanks Brian, I appreciate the comment!

David P. Geister ... Thanks David!

Challenger2008 ... Thanks Dan, hopefully it will come out to your liking :) The other Conan piece is about 98% done, but when I get inspired with other things (like the last two paintings) I have a really hard time going back. I'll probably try and finish it next ... or I might repaint it. Either way, I defiantly want to finish it. Thanks for the comment and thanks again for buying the Thor painting.

-Jeff

Challenger2008 said...

Jeff, I know exactly how you feel. I've got a few drawings languishing in limbo because I didn't have time to draw, and then got inspired to do something else...and something else...and something else. I think it's an artist's trait, we get inspired, and everything else takes a back seat, including what we were already working on.

You're welcome again for the purchase & showing my support. That Thor painting had to get a good home....MINE!

Dan Orgill said...

Jeff, I received the Thor painting, it's awesome in person!! I sent you a note on DA asking your advice ( art related ).

Jeff Lafferty said...

Glad you like it Dan ... and thanks for mentioning the DA note, sometimes I wont notice messages that come in over there.

-Jeff

Dan Orgill said...

Jeff, thanks for the response. I sent you another long winded reply......doh!

Manu said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Jeff ! :)

Yes, I'm still alive :)

Or, at least, I still move :)